Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reading Articles

I spent today searching for articles on collaboration, blogs, wikis and social bookmarking. I found a lot articles about all of them except social bookmaking. I'm not sure if this is because it is a relatively new software that hasn't been looked at in an educational situation or that it simply is not in the mainstream yet...


In an article I looked at today it referred to blogs, wikis and podcasts as "mindtools" because of how they can be used to aid higher order thinking in the classroom. Of course this label is limiting because it doesn't really take into account the collaborative aspect of the tools by only focusing on the individual "mind". But I liked the term non the less.


In another article it listed some educational blogging tools which I want to look at tomorrow. These included:

  • edublogs
  • 21 Classes Cooperative Learning
  • ePals Schoolblog
I also read about a framework for Higher order thinking using blogging software (HOT Blogging). It was a 4 part framework which focused on literacy but I could adapt it in the future for teaching DCG.

0 comments:

Post a Comment